They look just like candy, but the popular SugarBearHair gummy vitamins all over Instagram supposedly help with everything from healthy hair to better sleep, depending on the type. The Kardashians regularly tout the bottles on their own social media feeds, but the rainbow-colored supplements recently sparked another viral moment. A sponsored Instagram post promoting the gummies sparked a “feud” between beauty influencers James Charles and Tati Westbrook, his mentor who owns a rival supplement company.
While the vloggers mutually agreed to put their dispute to rest, promoting the vitamins ended up costing cost Charles some 3 million YouTube subscribers and Westbrook potentially thousands of dollars in sales. So are these SugarBearHair gummies even that good? We talked to Jaclyn London, MS, RD, CDN, Nutrition Director at the Good Housekeeping Institute to find out.
What Is Sugar Bear Hair?
Before I carry on with this Sugar Bear Hair review and address my angle and viewpoint, let’s first check how the company’s marketing division describes it.
According to them, SugarBearHair gummies are vitamins that support healthy hair growth. Packed with loads of natural ingredients like biotin, folic acid and vitamins (A, B-6, B-12, C, D, E), these gummy bears don’t just taste and smell like heaven, they’re specially formulated to promote hair and nails health. Over and above, Sugar bear hair is able to solve many hair related problems like hair loss, dandruff, and flaky skin while promoting new, beautiful and strong hair. Sugar Bears are vegetarian (no gelatin), soy free, dairy free and gluten free and there aren’t any known side effects from using them.
Sugar Bear Hair is a company that does something utterly different compared to other hair products available on the market, by focusing on the health and quality of user’s hair from the inside, out. The special formula, packed with loads of nutrients, as well as variety of berries, primarily strawberries and blueberries with a touch of some citrus infusions for amazingly sweet taste, helps everybody, no matter the gender, to get the beautiful, healthy and shiny hair they have always dreamed for. And, because the ingredients are natural and vegetarian-friendly and because the Sugar bear gummies taste so good, they can be used literally by anyone without having to commit to something with a bad taste or smell.
Sugar Bear Hair Vitamins Reviews: Do Sugar Bear Hair vitamins work?
“After seeing SugarBearHair vitamins all over my Instagram feed for such a long time, I was so excited to finally try them out myself! The brand claims that the vitamins will make your hair longer, shinier and healthier – with proper diet and exercise, of course. My first initial reaction to opening the bottle was how amazing they smell. The taste is very sweet and the texture reminds me of those gummy Scooby Doo fruit snacks I used to eat as a kid. However, I did find that they have a bit of a weird aftertaste. It’s not terrible, but I did make sure to take them first thing in the morning so that I could brush my teeth right after. As for the results, my hair did grow over the course of the 30-day period. I started at 14 inches and was at 15 inches by the time I was done. I’m not sure if taking the vitamins actually sped up the growth process, but I’d like to think it did. Plus, the gummies are packed with a ton of beneficial vitamins to kick off my day!” — Emily Brozyna, Jr. Web Editor for Twistmagazine.com & M-magazine.com
“I decided to try SugarBearHair vitamins after I got a haircut that turned out to be a lot shorter than I had expected. The gummies tasted great and the only hard part was to remember to take them daily! At the beginning of the month, my hair was 7 in. and after a month of taking the supplements, it grew half an inch — tbh, I don’t think that it grew any faster than it normally would have. But I did notice a huge improvement in my nails! I’m vegetarian and it can be hard for me to get the right amount of vitamins needed for healthy nail growth — since I started taking the gummies, my nails have been a lot stronger!” — Emma Hernandez, Staff Writer for InTouchWeekly.com and LifeandStyleMag.com
- Supplements contain 13 vitamins and natural ingredients
- Vegan formula developed for your hair health
- Made for all hair types and genders
- Soft and easy to take with a natural berry sweet taste
- Gluten free, gelatin free, and dairy free
- Free of artificial sweeteners and flavors
- 10 gummies, 2 Bears a day, gives you 5 days of use
- Made in the USA
- Biotin: Biotin is one of the most important vitamins you can take to promote hair growth. Biotin supports the health of your scalp by producing fatty acids which in turn helps the health of your hair.
- Vitamin A (Palmitate): This powerhouse contributes to the health of your skin and scalp by helping to promote your blood’s oxygen circulation.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid): Vitamin C is vital for your body to develop collagen, which helps your hair to grow stronger from the inside out.
- Vitamin E: Like Vitamin A, this vitamin helps to bring enough oxygen to your scalp to promote healthy hair growth. This rich antioxidant also acts as a safeguard against damage to your hair follicles. When taken in combination with Vitamin C, your hair can improve its strength and elasticity.
- Vitamin B-6: Helps your body form cells and bring oxygen to your scalp, allowing your hair follicles to produce healthier hair.
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9): Folic Acid is a fascinating vitamin that is crucial for your body to repair your DNA. This vitamin actively supports cell division so that your hair follicles can produce healthy hair.
- Vitamin B-12: Vitamin B-12 gives an amazing boost to your hair growth by supporting your body’s energy process and helping to form red blood cells. Red blood cells are responsible for feeding oxygen to your scalp, which helps your hair to grow longer.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5): Vitamin B-5 helps to stimulate hair growth by supporting your hair’s natural keratin.
- Coconut Oil: This popular oil has been used worldwide to help support hair and scalp health. Because of its similarity to our scalp’s natural oils, coconut oil is one of the few oils that can actually moisturize your hair.
SugarBear Sleep Vitamins look like gummy bears and taste like them, too. But unlike the cult favorite convenience store candy, these gummies are formulated with an exclusive “Rest Well Blend” to “promote relaxation and optimize sleep,” a representative from SugarBear Sleep told Business Insider.
The vegetarian complex contains a variety of sleep-promoting ingredients, including 6mg of melatonin to help naturally regulate a person’s sleep-wake cycle; 200 mcg of magnesium to promote a sense of calm throughout the entire body; vitamin B6 to support the nervous system; and 50 mg of theanine to instill a sense of relaxation. It even avoids bringing on the same feeling of drowsiness the next day a lot of sleep supplements are associated with.
The formula also contains 5-HTP, an amino acid that converts to serotonin when mixed with the right vitamins and minerals, Dr. Stacy Mobley, N.M.D., M.P.H., a licensed naturopathic doctor and certified ayurvedic wellness counselor told Business Insider. It also has herbs like valerian root, lemon balm leaf, and passion flower to ease anxiety and trigger a kind of sedative effect that helps the body and mind relax and prepare for sleep.
Sugar Bear Hair Gummies Review
Many of us wish for long, thick hair that grows in quickly. But some of us struggle to get our hair to grow in the way we want it and the wait can be very frustrating.
Next in this Sugar Bear Hair vitamins review, we will be going through the brand’s best-selling products that have effectively helped many customers live their hair dreams.
Sometimes, our restless minds keep us from getting the rest we need. But, these scientifically formulated Sleep Vitamins might be your solution to tossing and turning.
Designed to improve your sleep, they also have a sweet berry flavor with no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
This five-day supply contains 10 gummies, and the brand recommends that only 2 be taken per night, a total of 15 calories.
A mixture of melatonin, magnesium, their signature Rest Well Blend, and more work together to provide the best chance at restful sleep. Is SugarBearHair worth the money? For these benefits, we think so!
This five-night supply is perfect to test the vitamins to see if they work for you at $10 a bottle. Don’t worry, this product is vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free, and made in the USA.
Pros and Cons
Like any other product on the market, Sugar Bear Hair has its pros and cons. Luckily, the pros far outweigh the cons making this delicious vitamin well worth the splurge in my eyes.
- Good taste
- Don’t melt easily
- Vegetarian/ cruelty-free
- Makes hair shinier with regular use
- Hair falls out less
- Some people don’t respond to the vitamins
- It takes up to 2 months to see a difference
The bottom line on SugarBearHair Hair Vitamins:
SugarBearHair Hair vitamins are not likely to help you unless you have a vitamin deficiency. If you do a have deficiency, other supplements are available that are much less expensive. Also, be aware that these vitamins don’t provide minerals such as iron or calcium, which would be found in a multivitamin/multimineral supplement. If you take SugarBearHair Hair vitamins, tell your doctor that you are taking high-dose biotin, as it may affect results of blood tests.