Step Ups Main muscle: quadriceps
Step Ups (normal or weighed)
Note: This Page “Step Ups Main muscle: quadriceps” related to The MAIN PAGE : HOME WORKOUT PLAN 12 WEEK PLAN Please Check Main Article to get the full course for free.
Main muscle: quadriceps
Starting position: Find a flat bench (or another, similar platform) and stand next to it.
- Place one foot on the bench.
- Step on the bench by extending your front leg’s hip and knee. The force to lift your body should mainly come from your front leg.
- Step down on the floor.
- Repeat the motion with your other leg.
- Repeat this process as often as mentioned on your workout routine.
What are the quadriceps muscles? – Step Ups Main muscle: quadriceps
The quadriceps muscles are a group of four muscles located on the front (anterior) of the thigh. Quad means four, while ‘ceps’ refers to divisions or ‘heads’ of the muscle.
The four quadriceps muscles include: – Main Muscle: quadriceps
- Rectus femoris – we covered this muscle previously in a post
- The vastus lateralis – vastus means vast, huge, extensive and lateralis refers to its location on the lateral or outside of the thigh.
- Vastus medialis – vastus (same as above) and medialis refers to its location on the medial or inside of the thigh.
- Vastus intermedius – vastus (same as above) and intermedius refers to its location between (inter) the medialis and lateralis.
Why Do We Need Strong quadriceps? – Step Ups Main muscle: quadriceps glutes
In fact, your quadriceps, or quads, play a vital role in nearly all of your leg movements, so it’s important to keep them strong and flexible. Having weak quads not only can diminish your knee’s function, but research shows it also may put you at risk for knee cartilage loss, the hallmark trait of knee osteoarthritis.
Other EXERCISES EXPLANATIONS:
The MAIN PAGE : HOME WORKOUT PLAN 12 WEEK PLAN Please Check Main Article to get the full course for free.