Squats Main muscle: quadriceps, glutes
Note: This Page ” Squats Main muscle: quadriceps, glutes ” related to The MAIN PAGE : HOME WORKOUT PLAN 12 WEEK PLAN Please Check Main Article to get the full course for free.
Main muscle: quadriceps, glutes
Starting position: Stand with your feet placed at shoulder width, with your toes pointing out slightly. Stretch your arms out. Keep your head up and maintain a straight back throughout the exercise.
- Lower your upper body by bending your knees and hips.
- Continue until the angle between upper leg and calve becomes slightly less than 90 degrees.
- Push off the floor by using your quads to get back to starting position.
- Repeat this process as often as it is mentioned on your workout routine.
What are the quadriceps muscles? – Squats Main muscle: quadriceps, glutes
The quadriceps muscles are a group of four muscles located on the front (anterior) of the thigh. Quad means four, while ‘ceps’ refers to divisions or ‘heads’ of the muscle.
The four quadriceps muscles include: – Main Muscle: quadriceps
- Rectus femoris – we covered this muscle previously in a post
- The vastus lateralis – vastus means vast, huge, extensive and lateralis refers to its location on the lateral or outside of the thigh.
- Vastus medialis – vastus (same as above) and medialis refers to its location on the medial or inside of the thigh.
- Vastus intermedius – vastus (same as above) and intermedius refers to its location between (inter) the medialis and lateralis.
Why Do We Need Strong quadriceps? – Squats Main muscle: quadriceps, glutes
In fact, your quadriceps, or quads, play a vital role in nearly all of your leg movements, so it’s important to keep them strong and flexible. Having weak quads not only can diminish your knee’s function, but research shows it also may put you at risk for knee cartilage loss, the hallmark trait of knee osteoarthritis.
What is the abdominals muscles? – Squats Main muscle: quadriceps, glutes
abdominal work the rectus abdominis muscle in the midsection of your body. abdominals may also engage the external or internal oblique muscles, especially when rotation is added to the movement. Abdominal Sit Up & Twist are an effective way to strengthen the front of your torso or core region of your body.
Primary muscles worked:
- Obliques The obliques are actually two muscles: internal obliques and external obliques. They are located on the sides of the abdominals
Secondary muscles worked:
- Abs Strong abdominal muscles can do your body a world of good, helping maintain a good posture. Prevent lower back pain: Your abs play a large role in supporting your back and affecting the tilt of the pelvis – meaning the stronger your abs, the stronger the support.
Why Do We Need Strong abdominals muscles? – Squats Main muscle: quadriceps, glutes
A strong core helps to keep your body balanced and stable as you move throughout your daily and athletic activities. They help your pelvis, lower back, and hip muscles to work together with your abdominal muscles. Good balance makes you less likely to fall and injure yourself
Other EXERCISES EXPLANATIONS:
The MAIN PAGE : HOME WORKOUT PLAN 12 WEEK PLAN Please Check Main Article to get the full course for free.